How To Rent A Dress
- To check availability, call the Dress Studio at (703) 573-1640, or email the Dress ID number and name of the dress you would like to rent.
- Once you have been notified of the availability of the dress, fill out and submit the Rental Contract.
NOTE: Shipping cost will be charged separately and varies per your selected method of delivery. While in your possession, a security deposit will be held on your credit card for each dress. The security deposit is the full purchase price of the dress. It will be an authorization/hold on your credit card, NOT a sale.
- Why should I rent a dress from Encore Ballroom Couture?
- Do I have to pay a registration fee prior to renting a dress?
- How can I tell if a dress is for rent?
- What are the rental fees?
- Do you offer a professional discount on the rental fee or shipping cost?
- Does the try-on fee go towards the rental fee or purchase price of the dress?
- What if I chose to pay my rental fee with a check and it is returned due to insufficient funds?
- How do I rent a dress?
- How many days can I rent a dress?
- Can I remove the price tag during my rental?
- Why do I see two charges on my credit card Statement for a rental?
- Why is a security deposit necessary?
- What does a forced charge mean and when would it be used?
- Are there any special directions for renting a dress?
- What if the dress I am renting gets damaged?
- May I alter a dress I am renting?
- May I contact the owner of the dress I am renting to ask questions about the dress?
- What if I am late returning the dress from rental?
- What if the dress I am renting is lost or stolen?
- What if the dress I currently have reserved for a rental is purchased before my event?
- What if the registration of the dress I want to rent expires before my event?
- What if the owner of the dress I have reserved for rental, wants it back before my event?
- How do I cancel my reservation for a rental?
- What if I end up loving the dress I am renting and want to purchase it?
WHY SHOULD I RENT A DRESS FROM ENCORE BALLROOM COUTURE?
Renting dresses is a great way to inexpensively play with your image and give yourself some variety in your fashion wardrobe. Maybe for the fall you go with deeper colors, spring softer colors and summer vivid colors. Maybe you haven’t tried a certain style of dress. Maybe you try a leopard print, or a floral. It’s fun to experiment! After each event all dresses are professionally hand cleaned and inspected. Any necessary touch-ups are attended to immediately; therefore the dress will come to you like new. Our inventory is constantly changing which gives you access to the latest fashion trends. We take pride that we have a variety of designers’ dresses in our inventory. Have fun!
DO I HAVE TO PAY A REGISTRATION FEE PRIOR TO RENTING A DRESS?
No, you pay a registration fee to submit dresses to Encore Ballroom Couture for consignment and/or rental.
HOW CAN I TELL IF A DRESS IS FOR RENT?
In the gallery view there will be an “R” to the right of the dress name, standing for “Rental.” Additionally, once you click on the photo of the dress, the dress details to the right of the photos will provide the rental price. If there is no rental price listed, then it is not a rental dress. Also there should be a link that says, “Rent This Dress,” if that is missing; it is not a rental dress.
WHAT ARE THE RENTAL FEES?
Smooth & Standard rental is $300 per dress and Rhythm & Latin rental is $250 per dress. The rental fee includes professional hand cleaning and touch ups once the dress is returned. DO NOT DRY-CLEAN YOUR DRESS; leave the cleaning up to us!!!
DO YOU OFFER A PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNT ON THE RENTAL FEE OR SHIPPING COST?
No, there is no discount offered.
DOES THE TRY-ON FEE GO TOWARDS THE RENTAL FEE OR PURCHASE PRICE OF THE DRESS?
WHAT IF I CHOSE TO PAY MY RENTAL FEE WITH A CHECK AND IT IS RETURNED DUE TO INSUFFICIENT FUNDS?
If your check is returned due to insufficient funds, there is a $75 fee. We will process this fee along with the rental fee, on the credit card you provided on your Rental Contract.
NOTE: Your check must be received and clear our bank, prior to your dresses being shipped.
HOW DO I RENT A DRESS?
You will need to send an email providing the Dress ID and Name of the dress you are interested in, and the date of your event. Once availability has been checked on those dresses you will be notified. Then proceed to fill out and submit the Rental Contract online.
HOW MANY DAYS CAN I RENT A DRESS?
All dress rentals are a five day rental only. On the sixth day, it should be returned. Please mail the dresses back sooner, if possible.
CAN I REMOVE THE PRICE TAG DURING MY RENTAL?
Yes! Please cut our price tag off (NOT THE DESIGNER LABEL STITCHED INSIDE THE DRESS) keep it, then ship it back with the dress.
WHY DO I SEE TWO CHARGES ON MY CREDIT CARD STATEMENT FOR A RENTAL?
The first transaction is the rental fee if you have chosen to charge your rental. The second charge is the shipping cost. We keep the transactions separate so they can be easily distinguished. You will be sent invoices and receipts for both. If you submitted a check for the payment of your rental, you will only have one charge appear on your credit card statement for the shipping cost.
WHY IS A SECURITY DEPOSIT NECESSARY?
The security deposit is to protect the financial investment for the owner of the dress. The purchase price listed on the website is the amount of the security deposit. If there is no purchase price listed, than the security deposit will be the original retail price.
The security deposit will be placed as an authorization/hold on your credit card prior to the dress being shipped and held until it is returned. If the authorization/hold is declined, you will be asked for an alternate method of payment before the dress will be shipped. If none is provided then the order is cancelled. When the dress is returned, we will release the authorization/hold on your credit card. If for any reason the dress is not returned we will force the charge of the security deposit. A security deposit will be held for each dress in your possession.
WHAT DOES A FORCED CHARGE MEAN AND WHEN WOULD IT BE USED?
A forced charge makes an authorization/hold a sale. This occurs when the dress is not registered in the FedEx system within 7 days, lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
ARE THERE ANY SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR RENTING A DRESS?
- Wash your hands before touching the dresses! Please make sure your hands are free from makeup, gels, hairspray, food, lotions, and other oils that can stain the fabric of the dress.
- You must shower before putting the dress on! You can have sweat, perfumes, glitter, tanner, bronzer, makeup, deodorant, and lotions that can come off on the dress.
- Please remove all of your jewelery prior to trying the dress on.
- If you have long fingernails, please be mindful while handling the dress.
- Please do not spray any glitter, perfume, hairspray, other fragrances, or smoke around or while trying on the dress.
- It is requested to help us maintain the strictest hygiene standards, that you wear panties while trying on the dress.
- Sit down to try the dress on, being careful with the heel of your shoe.
- Please be delicate with the dress while trying it on. If you are rough, stones can be knocked off or damage can occur.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE DRESS OR ANY ACCOMPANYING ACCESSORIES IN A DRESSING ROOM OR UNATTENDED!
- You may NOT alter any dress you are renting! If you do, it will be treated as a purchase.
- Do not use foam double stick tape on our dresses for any reason.
- DO NOT DRYCLEAN OUR DRESSES FOR ANY REASON!
- The Try-On Contract is strictly between you and Encore Ballroom Couture LLC, do not let others try the dresses and any accompanying accessories on.
WHAT IF THE DRESS I AM RENTING GETS DAMAGED?
If the dresses have noticeable damage, and/or a large amount of stones missing after your rental, you will be notified and held financially responsible for up to the full purchase price of the dress, which is listed on the website, for the cost of the repairs. If there is no purchase price listed, then you will be responsible for up to the full original retail price of the dress listed on the website. If the dress is damaged beyond repair, you forfeit your total security deposit, try-on and/or rental fee. A 5% credit card processing fee will then be processed on the purchase price of the dress (ie security deposit). In this instance you will also be responsible for the shipping cost back to you. Assessment of the damage will be at the discretion of Encore Ballroom Couture and you will be notified of the cost of the damage.
MAY I ALTER A DRESS I AM RENTING?
You may NOT alter any dress you are renting! If you do, it will be treated as a purchase. You will not receive a refund of your security deposit, try-on and/or rental fee and/or any shipping costs. A 5% credit card processing fee will then be processed on the purchase price of the dress (ie security deposit). This will apply to each dress.
MAY I CONTACT THE OWNER OF THE DRESS I AM RENTING TO ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE DRESS?
Absolutely not! No personal information will be given out to any clients for any reason.
WHAT IF I AM LATE RETURNING THE DRESS FROM A RENTAL?
Each day past the ship date a dress is not received, you will be charged a $200 late fee per day, per dress for up to 7 days. After 7 days it will be treated as a purchase and you will not receive a refund of your security deposit, try-on and/or rental fee and/or any shipping costs. We will also charge a 5% credit card processing fee to your security deposit/purchase. This will apply to each dress in the shipment.
WHAT IF THE DRESS I AM RENTING IS LOST OR STOLEN?
If the dress is lost or stolen while in your possession, it will be treated as a purchase. You will not receive a refund of your security deposit, try-on and/or rental fee and/or any shipping costs. We will also charge a 5% credit card processing fee to your security deposit/purchase. This will apply to each dress in the shipment. This will apply to each dress in the shipment. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR DRESSES IN A CHANGING/DRESSING ROOM!!!
WHAT IF THE DRESS I CURRENTLY HAVE RESERVED FOR A RENTAL IS PURCHASED BEFORE MY EVENT?
If the purchase is within one month of an existing rental date the lady purchasing will be notified. The lady may purchase the dress, but we feel the right thing to do is also honor the existing Rental Contract. We could not do that last minute to a lady. We feel this is the fairest way to handle this situation and thus far it has worked out nicely. Encore will pay for the cleaning and shipping costs of the dress to the new owner at the conclusion of the rental.
If the rental is over one month away, the purchase will take priority. The other client will be notified immediately and have the option to choose a different dress, or receive a full refund.
WHAT IF THE REGISTRATION OF THE DRESS I WANT TO RENT EXPIRES BEFORE MY EVENT?
If this situation arises, call the Dress Studio at (703) 573-1640 or email any inquiries immediately. The owner of the dress will be notified, and we will look into the possibility of extending their registration.
WHAT IF THE OWNER OF THE DRESS I HAVE RESERVED FOR RENTAL, WANTS IT BACK BEFORE MY EVENT?
If it is under contract for a rental, that contract must be honored.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY RESERVATION FOR A RENTAL?
Email notification is required for all cancellations. Notification must be made no later than two weeks prior to your event. If your cancellation is less than two weeks prior to your rental date, there is a $125 cancellation fee for Rhythm/Latin and/or $150 cancellation fee for a Smooth/Standard. This cancellation fee applies to each dress you have reserved on a Rental Contract. We will process a full refund of your rental fee, and process your cancellation fee as a separate transaction.
WHAT IF I END UP LOVING THE DRESS I AM RENTING AND WANT TO PURCHASE IT?
This happens quite often. If you purchase the dress within two weeks of your rental end date then your rental fee will go towards the purchase price of the dress!